At least one in ten men has trouble getting or keeping an erection at some time. There may be physical or psychological causes, or a mixture of both. Whatever the cause is, due to muscle and blood vessel changes not enough blood stays in the penis to make it hard and keep it hard.
Vardenafil will only work when you are sexually stimulated. It reduces the action of the natural chemical in your body which makes erections go away. Vardenafil allows an erection to last long enough for you to satisfactorily complete sexual activity.
vardenafil is a member of a class of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. They are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult men, a condition which implies difficulties in getting or keeping an erection.
Take a Vardenafil tablet about 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. With sexual stimulation you may achieve an erection anywhere from 25 minutes up to four to five hours after taking Vardenafil.
Swallow one tablet with a glass of water
Do not take Vardenafil film-coated tablets with any other forms of Vardenafil.
Do not take Vardenafil more than once a day.
may affect more than 1 in 10 users
may affect up to 1 in 10 users
- Blocked or runny nose
may affect 1 in 100 users
- Swelling of skin and mucous tissue including swollen face, lips or throat
- Sleep disorder
- Numbness and impaired perception of touch
- Effects on vision; redness of the eye, effects on colour vision, eye pain and discomfort, light sensitivity
- Ringing in the ears; vertigo
- Fast heart beat or pounding heart
- Stuffy nose
- Acid reflux, gastritis, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, vomiting; feeling sick (nausea), dry mouth
- Raised levels of liver enzymes in your blood
- Rash, reddened skin
- Back or muscle pain; increase in blood of a muscle enzyme (creatine phosphokinase), muscle stiffness
- Prolonged erections
The patient information leaflet (PIL) is a leaflet containing specific information about medical conditions, doses and side effects. You can download a copy of the PIL here:
Patient Info Leaflet